- skin care
- by skin type
- oils & elixirs
- masks, scrubs, & peels
- spa packages
- hair care
- sun care
- for men
- gift ideas
- the spa
Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation
Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation
Alima Pure offers a silky, weightless mineral makeup that combines pure powdered minerals and pigments, and provides excellent coverage while allowing your skin's natural glow to shine through. Their natural makeup does not contain any dyes, preservatives, Bismuth Oxychloride or parabens, or fragrance.
Not sure which shade is best for you? We now offer Alima Pure Matte Foundation Samples!
(CI 77947), Sericite Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides
(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77492, CI 77499)
This stuff is wonderful! I decided to switch to Alima Pure because of the ingredients they use - or should I say: don't use. I was also intrigued by their color range. Ever since I started using foundation I have had to use a foundation color that was too fair & pink or too dark & orange for me due to limited color options. Now I have found my perfect match – Olive 1! The foundation doesn't only have the right shade for me, but the coverage is really amazing. I have previously used foundation from Bare Minerals but I never managed to get the coverage I am getting now, no matter how much product I used. And now I hardly have to use any product at all to achieve it! I use the foundation as concealer too, using a concealer brush. It works nicely, especially if I use a shade lighter. Now the next step is finding the perfect blush! I'm completely hooked on this brand :D
Alima is the best mineral makeup, in terms of the way it wears and in terms of having pure ingredients. I have been using it for about 3 years. My base shade is N2, and then I'll buy a sample jar of C2 to mix in during the winter when I am at my palest.
Author: Jenna B.
My favorite brand of mineral make up, other than Jane Iredale's Pure Pressed powder. Great formulation, applies easily, and does not irritate. The best part of Alima is they offer so many shades unlike most brands. My only complaint is that I wish it had slightly more coverage. It takes a lot of layering to get just moderate coverage.
I have super sensitive skin and this foundation is awesome. It doesn't break me out, gives great coverage, isn't heavy feeling, and is cleaner than it competitors.
Add your review here
- Prior to application, the skin should be well moisturized, and the moisturizer should be fully absorbed.
- Pick up a small amount of powder from the top of the sifter jar with your brush.
- Tap off any excess.
- Using a small bowl, a clean tissue, or the lid of the jar, swirl or tap the brush to work the powder into the brush bristles. When you look at the end of your brush, you should see only the slightest amount of powder.
- Normal and oily skin types may need less moisture, but often a little helps set the foundation and protect the skin.
- For oilier skin, you may wish to apply a sheer layer of Alima\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Balancing Primer Powder (only in the oily area).
- If skin has areas of discoloration, these can be minimized with a bit of Alima\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Color Balancing Powder under the foundation.